GREAT CANADIAN BEAR WEEKEND
The Fellowship of Alberta Bears (FAB) are proud to announce the second annual Great Canadian Bear Weekend will be June 6-8.
Join us for a full weekend's worth of events coinciding with Edmonton's Pride Festival. Featuring the best in bear entertainment. We are are flying in Big Dipper Jelly. Big Dipper is a Chicago-born Brooklyn-transplant bear of a rapper. His crazy antics, exciting live shows, and infectious music make him the most exciting hot and hilarious independent bear act to watch this year. Vancouver's DJ Del Stamp will be providing the music and spinning for us all night on Saturday. Del is quickly becoming one of the hottest gay djs in north america and has been playing events all across the continent.
We listened to all of your feedback from last year's event so this year's CBW is going to be bigger and better than before. A portion of the profits from the weekend will be going to the Edmonton Pride Centre and the charities of the ISCWR.
- Central Location at a great host hotel in the heart of Edmonton's downtown with discounted room blocks reserved for event members only. It will be our home base for registration and our Friday and Saturday events. See hotel information on the right for booking.
- Improved icebreaker activities and Bear Ambassadors to help first timers meet and greet new people.
- Better information and scheduling so you know what is going on when and a single run pass for all of the events.
- The very first Mr. Alberta Bear contest. Crowning the bear/cub/chaser that best embodies the values and goals of the Fellowship of Alberta Bears.
- Silent Auction that runs Friday and Saturday.
- FAB will also be staffing all of the events this year with bears cubs and chasers so no need to worry about any awkwardness with hotel staff.
Friday June 6
6 pm - 1 AM Meat and Greet Registration
- Collect your run pass and register for events.
- Enjoy our vendors market 6-10 pm.
- Mingle with the bears and participate in icebreaker activities with the FAB Ambassadors.
- @ Main ballroom Coast Plaza second floor.
- 7 pm - 9 pm Beareoke with Claire
- 9 pm - 11 PM Dirty Bear Bingo & Bear Pole Dancing
Saturday June 7
11 am - Edmonton Pride Parade and Beer Gardens in Churchill Square
- Join the FAB pride float or cheer them on from the sidelines. Spots on the float are limited and will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.
- The hotel is just steps away from the parade route.
4 pm - 7 pm West Edmonton Mall-Waterpark Excursion
- Vist one of the largest malls in the world!
- Please note this event is not included in the standard run pass.
8 pm - BEEF Bear Pride Underbear Party
- This super charged world class bear party will blow you away. We will have great music featuring DJ Del Stamp and a set by Big Dipper Jelly. We will close the night with a wet underwear contest. Come dressed in your favorite underwear fetish gear or jock, whatever that may be (no frontal nudity allowed)! @ Main ballroom Coast Plaza second floor.
2:30 am - BEEF Bear Buns after party @ Steamworks
- You already showed off in your undies at the dance now it is time to take them off!
- Work out all that pent up sexual energy with the bears at our after party.
- Discounted entry with run pass or FAB card.
Sunday June 8
12 PM - 4 PM BEEF Bear-BQ Buffet
- Spend the last day of pride unwinding with the best bear-BQ Edmonton has to offer.
- All you can eat meat!
- Our beef is delicious and the food is great as well!
- Victoria Park (site number TBD).