Thursday, January 31, 2008
So when I went home I decided I need to do something that
1. i could finish in a night
2. i could see some progress
3. had nothing to do with my company or its fucking website
I decided to work the just another epic fable project. Its been a while since i really put some time into it. One of my biggest hurdles is getting my drawings into flash so i can eventually animate them. Back in 2005 I did some character sketches that ended up taking me a week to convert into what you see below labeled old and lame. It was so painful and time consuming i gave up about halfway through (as you can see it isn't finished at all). The one on top is the new one I did in a few hours before going to watch lost. I guess my skills are really improving (that and conversion tech is getting soo much better). Oh and before i forget I saw the premier of lost and it really feels like the show has regained its feet. I can't wait till the next episode!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Despite this I managed to work out for over an hour yesterday. I am a bit sore in spots today but nothing serious. I worked out 4 times last week.
I feel like a finally have a routine that is working for me. I think having a goal is important. My goal is to look super hot at the Beef party on march 1st. Which gives me about a month to loose 5-10 pounds of fat and gain 5-10 pounds of muscle.
I will let you know how it goes.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Unfortunatly I also woke up to a temperature of minus 28 degrees celsius (-18.4 F) with a windchill taking the temperature down to minus 44 degrees celsius (-47.2 F). At that temperature any exposed skin can freeze in under 5 min.
And now I wonder. Why do I live here again?
Whats the temperature where you live?
Friday, January 25, 2008
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
As for coming out to my dad this weekend it didn't happen. There was no oppurtunity on saturday at lunch and then on sunday I maybe saw him for a about 5 min. At this point I just want to get it over with. My mom is almost trying to keep us seperate. I think she is more nervous than I am.
So in typical Ukrainian fashion we are going to drag this family drama out for a while longer.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Or will this be the one where I finally tell my dad:
"Hey Dad i luves me some cawk" (too informal)
"Hello father I am a homosssssssexual"( too lispy)
"Father I have been known to enjoys the company of naked hot sweaty men" (too vivid)
"Hey pa I like to take it up the poopshoot" (too crass)
"Hey pa the thought of pussy makes me want to throwup" (also too crass and not entirely true conceptually pussy does not make me want to do anything much less throw up)
" Hey dad *goes up and makes out with the twinkyest waiter i can find* how do ya like them apples?" (I would rather not have to kiss a twink today is going to be traumatic enough)
*Sigh* i guess this wont be as easy as i thought.
I'm nervous. I will let you know how it goes.
Friday, January 18, 2008
We are calling it BEEF. It should be the first saturday of every month. We are not sure what kind of reaction we are going to get but here is a sample of a poster i did up for it.
Critiques? Thoughts? I know i need to fix the legs as they are wonky.
On Monday in the middle of a particularly bad day I got this email from my mom:
We will see how it goes tomorrow.
I just wanted you to know that your Dad has me pulling stuff off the internet about parents and gay children. He’s trying to do some background reading. I give him a gold star for that. He is trying to find a way to let you know it is ok to talk to us. Surprisingly he is not upset about anything. He just wants you to know that all will be ok, you just have to talk to us. He does not know that I know anything. I told him we would find out together whatever we needed to knowSo all in all this is a good thing but for some reason I was far to stressed to even deal with it at the time. They want to go to lunch with me tomorrow. It might be the day I tell my dad. At this point i am kind of ambivalent about the whole thing. I think I'm too tired to really process all of this.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
This weekend I went down to red deer to visit the fella. Usually Greg comes up here to visit me and this was my first time visiting him on his turf. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. There was some concern that he would have horrible decorating taste (I mean after all dating me indicates a predilection to bad taste).
His place was great. We had an awesome time. We watched blazing saddles and went skating.
I even got some action from an unexpected source. At about 7 am i woke up to something attacking my covered feet on the bed. I figured it was Oscar Greg's slightly neurotic cat. My cats at home used to love pouncing on feet in beds and batting them around. This was different somehow. Oscar never really pounced he just kept shifting his back legs back and forth.
Greg informed me later that day that he was indeed humping the hell out of my feet. I didn't know cats did that.
I feel so used and dirty.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Unlike past years and what people commonly do this year I am going to give you my personal top 12 songs instead of the 12 best newly released songs. These are songs that for whatever reason will always be associated with something either good or bad from my time in 2007.
Think of this as my personal soundtrack for 2007:
12. Blocalicious (Bloc party banquet Vs. Fergie Fergalicious: I think it is a testament to what a good song banquet is that it can make the shit that Fergie creates not the suck. This is definitely not the suck.
12. Fancy Footwork by Chromeo: I confess I am not a huge fan of Chromeo I find their particular brand of "talk singing" to be mildy tedious. This song however rocked during one memorable and boozy night at Halo a uber trendy dance club that some of us hit up this fall.
11. D.A.N.C.E (MSTRKRFT remix) by Justice: This my be my ultimate road trip song. MSTRKRFT can always make a killer song better.
10. Careless Whisper by the Gossip: It may be a song by WHAM but ill take Beth's soulful wail over George Michael any day of the week.
9. Cobrastyle by Robyn: It was almost a tie between this and Robyn's "konichiwa bitches" but the beat is what makes this one win out. Been using this one before big meetings at work to get me pumped and ready to go kick some ass.
8. Learning the Lie by the Hidden Cameras: They fucking rock. I first heard them at the queer film festival. Their songs were the soundtrack to one of the films.
7. Maneater by Nelly Furtado: Its a tie for me this was my "breakup i dont fucking need you" song while the other was the "I am ready to fall again" song
7. My moon my man by Fiest: Its a love song to me. It was a big year for Fiest with the help of a very catchy Apple commercial one of my favorite artists was thrust into the spotlight. I hope it doesn't ruin her like the next person on my list.
6. OH OH by VNDLSM: I hate Beyonce she, is everywhere, she sucks. If i see that commercial where she bumps into herself and looks up with that "I am a queen bitch get out of my way" face one more time I am going to start throwing feces. VNDLSM does something I thought no one could ever do; tolerate listening to Beyonce for more than 30seconds without experiencing blinding rage.
5. Mer du Japon by Air: Listen to it for it is beautiful.
4. Star Guitar by Shinichi Osawa(Feat. Au Revoir Simone): If you can't dance to this you won't be able to dance to anything ever.
3. Southern Bells by the Faint: It makes me feel something though I am not sure what. A longing for something. It is a perfect fusion of Classical with dance punk.
2. Four to the Floor by Starsailor: This song was everywhere this summer. BBQ's camping rodeo. Check out some of the remixes out there as well.
1. Tell me why (Axwell & Steve Angelo remix) by Supermode: Going to the gay rodeo was a big deal for me. I went by myself not really knowing anyone. I ended up making a ton of new friends and partying like a rockstar with people that really got who i was. I feel like the rodeo was an awakening of sorts for me. This was one of the first songs I heard walking around the grounds. I heard it about 5 more times before the weekend was done (teh gays do love this song apparently). When I hear it all the feelings and memories come flooding back. There is no denying that this should be my number one song of 2007.
Songs I never want to hear again: Rehab by Amy Winehouse, My Humps (unless sung by Alanis Morrisett) by BEP, Anything by Chamillionaire or 50 Cent or Avril, Crank that by Soulja Boy.
So thats the soundtrack of my life this past year.
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
I managed to buy a home, move out, renovate the place and make it mine, do some independent gay adventuring (gay rodeo, camping, argra dance in Calgary), overcame a lot of my obsessive compulsive issues and man related issues, find a great fella who treats me right and finally come out to my mother.
I feel like I am pretty happy with all the areas of my life right now. Personally and professionally I am seeing progress on almost all fronts.
People keep asking me if i have any resolutions for 2008. Other than the typical weight loss ones (I am now a whopping 175 pounds) I think in general I need to be more creative and less self involved.
Unfortunately to create one needs to be somewhat in their own head. Plus i find it difficult to find that spark when I am content.
Still I do have some goals:
- Come out to my Dad and the family members that still do not know
- Finish the renovations on my condo (baseboards, cupboards, doors,)
- Finish Chapter one of the "Just Another Epic Fable" art project site
- Put some art up on my walls
- Travel someplace warm
- Get a raise/promotion at work