Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink

At about 10:00 last night epcor turned off our streets water. No warning, no heads up, they say it was because of a water main break but I find that hard to believe because they shut the water off after the epcor trucks had left our alley. There was no water in the toilet (which is how we discovered the water had been shut off) and we definitely didn't have any survival rations.

At one point I resorted to sucking icecubes.

Luckily the supermarket nearby was open to 11 so the roomie and I picked up a few flats of bottles. When we got home we started scooping snow from the front area for some desperately needed flushing water.

Flash forward 2 hours and I am still slaving over 3 stove burners and pots filled with snow.

Needless to say I did not get to sleep at a decent hour last night. With no shower today I feel like I am camping but not in a fun way. When I woke up the place was a disaster pots and coolers and bottles all over the place. We did manage to fill about half of huge rubbermaid container with water.

Already late for work i realize my keys got lost in the melee last night. I tore apart the place and outside where we were scooping snow. After about 30 min of panic I found them behind some bottles in the kitchen.

Not a good start to the day...

No comments: