Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New Music

I found this great record by a chick named Sia. "Some people have real problems" is an awesome disk for when your feeling mellow (or insanely hungover as I was after the BEEF party). I have been listening to it over and over and can't stop. Check out her wicked video (that i think i posted ages ago) for Buttons. I find it fascinating that in an industry obsessed with beauty she pokes fun at it by making herself kinda gross in the vid. As a side note she is definitely playing for the queer team (dating Le Tigre's JD Samson) so go show some support by buying her disc.

On another music note I found a great new song on Disposable Egotrash's blog (love the name, love the blog, you should be reading it). I am having trouble classifying MGMT's musical style something really classic about it (think a mix of 60's hippy 70's funk and Electro poppunk). All i know is that "Time to pretend" maybe one my favorite songs ever! Hows that for hyperbole. Download the song here and if you so feel download their album Oracular Spectacular here.

No comments: