Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Review: Microsofts Worldwide Telescope

It has been slow in the office this week as such I have had some time to play around with Microsoft's Worldwide Telescope. Think google earth for the universe without the search aspect.

I dled it and it installed quickly and within 3 min I was out exploring the universe. Overall it is kind of fun scrolling in and out of galaxies and planets. I was hoping for a more immersive 3d expereince feeling the stars whiz by as I scrolled in but I guess there is only so much you can do with 2d picture data.

It's fun however and it is free so go check it out.

1 comment:

Greg said...

If you liked that, we definitely have to spend an afternoon at the Space & Science Centre this summer. I was totally blown away by the presentation on the domed theatre last year!!