Monday, July 07, 2008

The mortality of things...

As far back as I can remember I have had stomach issues of some kind. Now for the most part i chalked them up to stress, anxiety and hypochondria. I think for the most this was the case.

Combined with my love of fatty Ukrainian food and beer I never expected to have things running smoothly.

On friday after a night of very rich food and drinks i got ill. This is nothing new really though it had been about three months It happens that if i eat something like nachos with a beer or something deep fried i wake up at about 5 am with extreme nausea. This time there was blood however which is the second time this year that has happened.

I can't keep ignoring the problem and drinking a buckets worth of gaviscon every month wont fix it. I always used to joke that I would have an ulcer by the time i was 25 because i am such a stress case. Never did i honestly think that would actually be the case. I somehow feel like I am too young to be needing to go to the doctors for this. I know that's a silly concept as far younger people have had to deal with things a billion times worse. I am not used to being the sick one however and I dont like it.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow my first real checkup in 4 years or so, hopefully they will be able to sort it out.

No comments: