Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blast from the past

Phil and I dated for a year and a half. I ended rather messily and we haven't really spoken much in the last 3 years. There would be those awkward bumping into each other moments but other than that I steered clear. Those of you who have been following my blog over the years know that this distance was likely a good thing as he sorted out things.

He is working across the street from me now and figured it would be a good idea to go for lunch and catch up. We met on Monday. It was a nice meeting and surprisingly not catty at all. When we broke up he basically had told me I was immature and had no direction in my life.

I am really trying to let go of the things from my past that have harmed me in some way. I think the lunch meeting was a good way to reaffirm that I had moved past the petty things from before. There was no sarcasm no petty jabs. Just a nice catch up and some shop talk.

Time does indeed heal all wounds.

2 comments:

Torrie said...

Congrats, I am glad things went well

Joie Mayfield said...

Well, that's good to hear. I'm happy to hear things went well. I apologize for not responding to your comment on my break-up blog. I meant to, and it got lost in the shuffle. I have now, but I appreciate your encouragement. :)