Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More Bettererer

Last night I finally slept. For the the first time in two weeks my head hit the pillow and I didn't get up till my alarm went off.
It was fantastic!

I talked to one of the VP's yesterday about the problems I was having with the amount of Technical support calls. We are now looking at getting a calls center to do first line support for the sites. This makes me very happy. I will need to create the solution documentation for the call center people but that should be fairly straightforward.

I also started working on my tattoo design. I have unknowingly been drawing a mandala as a tattoo since i was about 12. After doing some research I have found a a few actual manadalas to help me focus my design. I have always found Buddist philosphy appealing and last night I came accross this essay.
I have pulled this quote as being particulary relavent to me:
The modern mind is so plagued by the worries and concerns that society heaps upon us that any spare minute not working or sleeping is desparately filled with activities intended to help us forget about all the issues that disturb our inner peace.
The implication inherent in such behavior is that the troublesome issues in our lives are beyond the scope of our control, but in reality nothing could be further from the truth. Everything in your life, from a painful relationship to a demeaning boss to a frustrating weight problem, are all wholly connected to you.
I think this is an important lesson to learn and I need to keep it in mind as I go through my day to day life.



3 comments:

Dave said...

I'm glad things are finally going a little better for you, Aaron! :)

Funny enough, in my last career I used to attend these "corporate wellness" seminars, and one of the last ones I went to had this whole topic on doing Mandalas, and how they help you focus and recenter...

I wonder if I still have the websites somewhere, I'll forward them to you if I do find them.

:-)

Joie Mayfield said...

I'm happy that thing seem to be going better for you. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really appreciate that. Have a great week. :)

Aaron said...

Thanks Dave that would be cool if you get a chance!

Thank you as well Joie
cheers