Monday, September 29, 2008

Birthday debauchery and big changes

What a weekend!

It was one of those weekend's where everything happens all at once. Saturday morning Ryan and Jim officially moved out. It was a bit emotional for everyone, very hard seeing them go. I am going to miss those guys so much. I am looking forward to setting up my home gym in the spare bedroom.

After they headed to Calgary it was time to get ready for the big birthday party. I had been a bit worried that it was going to be lame as so many people could not make it. It was still a great turn out of about 15 people. We partied at the condo then at boots then at the new gay bar play. It was 5 am before I went to bed. I will be posting some pics soon.

The next morning was a little rough. I was not a as hungover as I probably deserved to be. I was just really tired. Greg and I had to go to a big family BBQ at my aunt an uncle's place for my cousin and great aunt's and my birthdays. Now up until yesterday only about half of my family at the event knew i was gay this was the first time I had ever brought a boyfriend to meet them.

It went incredibly well Greg was a big hit. My Baba even went as far to say that he was "quite the catch". Which i thought was pretty adorable.

All in all a fantastic weekend! Today Greg is taking me out to dinner and then we are going to Ikea!

Should make for a great birthday!

6 comments:

Dave said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! Glad you had a great weekend.

Torrie said...

I love your Baba, she is so awesome!

Luis Blasini said...

Oops...happy belated b-day, kiddo. Glad to read you had a gay ol' time!

April said...

I'm sooo happy for you that the BBQ went well. Sorry I couldnt be there. I guess you didnt need to distract them with my being knocked up. Im not in town again til the first week of november so, maybe I will see you then. Love you.

Aaron said...

Thanks everyone!
Ya Apee the whole thing went rather smoothly. We will have to use you being knocked up as a distraction for something else! Take care of yourself up there!

openworm said...

aww thats awsome man!