Friday, January 30, 2009

Discouraged

The software development project I am managing is falling apart more and more with every version I receive from the developers. It is becoming clearer and clearer that the dev lead manager has not passed on the appropriate information to any of the people working under him.

The dev contact that I am interfacing with is condescending arrogant and scatterbrained. She also does not ask questions and just assumes things all leading to more delays and features that do not work or have been totally misinterpreted.

I am fairly unaccustomed to failure so the year and a half and the hundreds (thousands?) of hours I have worked on this project (not to mention all the money we spent) is really gnawing away at me.

If we had done the development in house like I had originally wanted things would have gone much better. So here is the lesson for critical complex software rewrites never contract your programing out especially not to cuba (funny typing it out makes it seem so simple).

No comments: