Friday, April 24, 2009

Massive webcrime takedown. The end of geocities

One of the largest enablers of webcrime terror on the internets today, has decided to close its doors. Today yahoo announced that GeoCities would be shutting down within a year.

Where will all of those shitty websites go with the flying toaster gifs? Where will the design disabled go to create lime green text on black pages about their stamp collection? Today was a victory for the internet. Sure it makes my job of finding these terrible sites a little tougher but I think I will manage there is still always myspace.


3 comments:

Eddie said...

I didn't even know that Geocities was still around. I thought it died with the 90's. lol

Anonymous said...

Erm, Geocities was considered to have some terrible websites, but I think MySpace is worse.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me but there are some pretty decent sites hosted on Geocities, it’s pity and very sad that these sites will die too, so I do not see any triumph on shutting Geocities down.