Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tummy trouble

This weekend I said good bye to a few things. It has been at least 6 months since i was diagnosed with an ulcer and I have been doing my best to get rid of it. The doc said it was the result of poor food choices and too much stress.

At that point i made some life changes. I cut out red meat and the majority of my booze (no draft beer or hard alcohol). I dropped about 20 pounds by exercising more and eating better. I also tried to deal with my stress better at work. This led to my new interest in Buddhism.

In many ways this thing has been good for me. I am healthier and more spiritually engaged however often I feel like I am not as fun as I used to be staying out all night partying my ass off (greg and I went to the bar at 1145 last night for a bday and it was the first time in a looong while that i can remember going out at such a late hour).

While i may be fine the ulcer itself is not getting better. The doc said i would go through a period of trial and error in figuring out what irritates it. It seems all of my favorite things are on that list. So this weekend was for me to say goodbye to some of my favorite food for the next month or two. Cheese, icecream, cream, beer, pizza, salsa and chocolate are all completely banned from my diet for the next month.

I am writing this at 1:45 am because i can't sleep my heartburn is so bad it is making me nauseous. Bah damn body, once i nip this in the bud i am going to use the money i would normaly put towards my prescription for happy tummy pills towards a tattoo.

1 comment:

dyanna said...

I like your blog.I'm waiting for your new posts.