Friday, June 12, 2009

Gettin hitched

While this weekend is Edmonton's gay pride parade I will be celebrating something else entirely. This weekend two of my oldest friends are finally tying the knot. This will be my first wedding in my core group of friends and it is very exciting.

The gifts are bought the suits are tailored and it is supposed to be 27 above tomorrow. I think it is going to be a fantastic day all in all. The only thing missing is our friend Tim who is in europe writing finals. It just won't be the same without him.

It seems that me and my friends are entering a time when everyone is getting hitched. It seems like every weekend I am getting news of a new engagement or we are getting invitations in the mail.

All of this happy news and celebration of love is in many ways what pride is all about so I definitely don't mind spending it celebrating love with my straight buddies. I am lucky in that I live in a place where gay marriage has been legal for quite a while. I can't imagine how hard it would be to see everyone around you getting married knowing that you yourself will not be able to do the same thing with the one you love.

So congrats Erin & Jorge your a great couple!

No comments: