Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The return of music

Sometimes when you get so wrapped up in work and the bullshit that goes along with it you forget the simple things in life that make you happy.

I think most of my posts this week will be dealing with this theme. So far I am working on rediscovering drawing, music and cooking.

I have not listened to any new music in so long. So many of my favorite bands have released some great new tunes and I have let them slip by. I went on a bit of a downloading frenzy a week or so ago and have been re-immersing myself in music. My soul feels lighter for it.

So far my favorite rediscovery has been Metric who i have mentioned a few times on the blog. They put on perhaps the best live show I have ever seen. I am glad there new album fantasies is so damn good.

Since I ended up working extra hours from 12 to 2:30 am last night i felt this song was appropriate.


No comments: