Monday, November 02, 2009

Octoberfest: Edmonton 2009

Well we managed to survive the weekend's shenanigans. Octoberfest was fun despite how poorly managed the beer delivery system was. The taps were over pressured and as a result everything that was poured was super foamy. It was a 45 min wait in line to get a jug of beer.

I witnessed terrible crimes against beer in that lineup. They would pour the beer from jug to jug. They would then let the foam settle and start the process all over again in an attempt to get a full one with only a little bit of head. By the time you got your full jug the beer was tragically flat and abused. The whole thing was rather disorganized.

That aside we had a fantastic time. The company was great. I ended up throwing together a lame costume. I went as a virgin (i know unexpected right :P). Which was basically me with a V-card in my pocket. I managed to hold onto that v-card all night!

Next year I want to do something more epic for a costume. It just didn't feel right not being dressed up.

No comments: