Sunday, December 06, 2009

Welcome to my nightmare

It is hard being an environmentalist in Alberta. In fact i would say it is far easier to be gay than eco -friendly. Saying you disagree with the incredibly wasteful oil sands development in favor of more renewable resources is like walking into a man's house and stealing his paycheck and punching his wife in the face and then scratching the hood of his ridiculous suv.

Its a big oil economy here and millions are spent by companies to spread propaganda to there own workers to ensure there is enough fear to prevent any real slowdown in development.

It makes me feel a little better that the world is finally starting to focus on what a backwards and damaging program the athabasca oilsands are.

Hat tip to Andrew Sullivan. Spread the word.

H2oil animated sequences from Dale Hayward on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Aaron, I guess my comment from yesterday didn't take. This video was great. I was already familiar with the refining and distribution process, but I like the visuals this offers. I particularly like the fact that the vid exposes that Canada is sacrificing its own energy independence to fuel the US.

Aaron said...

I agree The visuals were really powerful. They really were able to capture the dread I feel about this whole project