Friday, January 15, 2010

One classy fuckin mo

Last night the fella and a few of our friends ended up going to see the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra at the winspear center. I had never been before and was not sure what to expect. They ESO has a deal called pulse 88 on right now that allows young people to purchase tickets for about half price.

We got all dressed up and spent a few hours among edmontons well heeled cultural elites. While classical music is not really my style (i have trouble connecting to it on an emotional level) I really enjoyed it.

I don't think i will be getting seasons tickets or anything like that but I will for sure be going back.

2 comments:

BJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian said...

Hey I'm envious...there is so much more to do in the city. I've been to the ESO twice when they played in Lloyd, but never at the Winspear Centre.....gotta go sometime. I must be a culture whore, cuz I like Shakespeare, too...especially outdoors! I just found out about the Edmonton Freewill Shakespeare Festival in Hawrelak Park during the summer.

If it's anything like Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan in Saskatoon last year, it should be a blast! Not stuffy at all..everyone (including the cast) is so relaxed. "A Midsummers Night's Dream" was a hoot...almost rolling in the aisles. Just put on your tee shirts, shorts, partake of a cold one or two at intermission....and enjoy! Aaahhh..summer where are you :)