Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Not there yet

I think it is absurd that in this day and age in this country that gays are banned from donating blood. Why isn't someone doing something about this blatant discrimination?

I donated in highschool and ever since I get a call every few months asking me to donate. After almost 10 years of putting them off I got fed up and told them that until the gay ban was lifted I could not donate. She informed me she would be closing my file and I told her i would be more than happy to donate when the ban was lifted.

Anything to make you feel like a second class citizen because of who you love.

Check out this awesome blog for more on the absurdity of the ban.

1 comment:

Eddie said...

We still have that stupid ban in the US too- because straight people never ever get HIV or other diseases- argh!