Monday, July 26, 2010

Music Monday: Dancing shoes

I have been rocking out to Dragonette for the last couple of weeks. I posted a video I got from Jimmy a while back by them (i think it was fixin to thrill).

Martina the lead singer is so fucking awesome. In my fantasy world her, Emily Haines from Metric and Beth Ditto from the Gossip have all joined together to form a vagtastic rock/dance supergroup who do face melting covers of old HEART tunes along with original material that blows your mind. I think they would be called The Balls mostly because I can't fathom a guy band that could go toe to toe with these ladies. As a side note they would be managed by Chrissie Hynde.

You can imagine my joy when I found this on my facebook news feed. Via Anna... Kaskade Featuring Martina from Dragonette.

2 comments:

Allan S. said...

I have Pick Up The Phone on like constant loopage. Oh, and like your vision, is like so bitchen. Totally, fer sure. Like OMG.

Aaron said...

GAAAAA I totally love that song as well! there are some super sweet remixes out on the interwebs!