Thursday, July 22, 2010

Music Monday: Walking into the light

Sorry all this post was supposed to auto post on monday.

I have been obsessively listening to the new Scissor Sisters album Night Work (itunes link) for the past couple of weeks. I love the feel of the album its 80s its disco its pop and its oh so fabulously gay in the best way possible.

Invisible Light is by far the stand out song for me. It sort of embodies the whole album with a greasy hot club beat.

It reminds me of going to the roost when i was but a wee gay and walking up to the bar all nervous and pent up hearing the muffled beat of the music from the line up outside. The beat builds as I weaved my way through the sweaty shirtless men towards the dancing lights and music and eventually making my way to the dance floor ( back when I used to dance).
Sir Ian Mckellen does a spoken voice over for the song and plays a sort of ringmaster/narrator urging you closer into the invisible light.

It all comes together so well and is a really danceable tune. Check it out below:


2 comments:

ReneƩ said...

This is hot...adding it to the list of must haves.

Kyle said...

Love them; they are on fire!