Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sweet dreams of a teenage twink

While watching the last nights Kurt centric love-in on Glee I finally get what the show is about.   You see I have a problem with musicals.  I have trouble suspending disbelief when they break into perfectly choreographed pitch perfect dance numbers.  I think the theater queen in me died a long time ago.

I think that is why I was never really on the glee train.  I like it but it always seemed off for me.  Watching Glee today I realized it.  This show is not about a young group of misfits trying to sing their way to the top its about the vivid fantasy life of a young gay boy in suburban Ohio.  

In fact this whole thing may even be a prolonged comatose dream.  The series opened with a scene of Kurt getting thrown into a garbage bin.  Maybe he hit his head and everything since has been a fabulous theater gay's wet dream.  

It is pretty brilliant when you think about it.  The creators could have never sold a show to fox called "Sweet Dreams of a Teenage Twink".   I bet the whole series ends with Kurt waking up from his coma only to find he has been on a journey in his head very similar to the classic Canadian series The Odyssey.

So now I think I will be able to enjoy the perfectly choreographed dance numbers because there is at least a plot device that explains the ridiculous dancing and singing (like that amazing buffy episode).

I do know however if a beefy cub of a football player kissed me roughly in the locker room in my coma dream things would have gone much differently.   I doubt however it would pg rated.

2 comments:

Allan S. said...

I'm a Gleek and you gave something very tasty to ponder. My mussy is wet. See what you did!

Aaron said...

LOL I almost had to look up mussy and then it came to me...
OH MY :P