Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Criminal mind and stomach

Tonight we went to Moriarty's  bistro.   It is the flip side of the sherlock holmes pub on rice howard way in downtown edmonton.  I always loved the concept of having sherlock and moriarty next to each other.  While Sherlock holmes is one of my favorite pubs I was a little put off by the super high end look of Moriarty's which is one of the reasons we had not dropped in.
On whim we went and met some friends there and we were not disappointed. We had a terrible time deciding on what to choose from the menu. Everything sounded super delicious. The golden beet chips that we started with went perfect with my strawberry fruli beer.  My tomato and cheese gnocchi was delicious and my root beer creme brulee was one of the best things I have ever had.   The Fella's tomato soup was very thick and tasty however his southwestern burger was a little dry.

It was on the expensive side however we will be back as there is so much more we want to try.

1 comment:

Allan S. said...

I love moments like what you describe. Finding a new place to enjoy something special.