Monday, March 07, 2011

Music Monday: Working in the sprawl

Many people were surprised at Arcade Fire's recent grammy win.  This reaction surprised me because these guys have been a building block for the soundtrack to my life for a very long time now.  From my wild university days to now they have been creating music that touches a nerve with me.   It may sound weird but at times it is like they are singing for me not to me.  Neighbourhood #1 takes me back to so many good memories.

Ages ago before they became indie darlings in Canada they were playing a show at my old haunt the Power Plant.  I had been planning to go see them after some glowing reviews in See magazine.  l always regret not getting tickets in time before they sold out.

Here is a fantastic remix by Thunderlust of the already stellar Sprawl II.  If this doesn't get your ass moving nothing will.

Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (thunderlust remix) by thunderlust

1 comment:

Allan S. said...

I got turned onto them about maybe 3 or 4 years ago. I love their big sound and their very real lyrics. I'm so happy they got their due. I hope they tour like mad in the U.S. I would love to see them live.