Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Forgetting Yourself

Sometimes things slip.  You get into habits.  Slide into routines that you never would have been ok with before.

Ever since my gym shut down last spring I have not been able to get myself into a schedule to work out.  My performance at the rodeo suffered from it.  Hell even day to day tasks are becoming difficult.

Then this happened.

I had no idea how big I had gotten.  I am really really disappointed with myself.  I have a history of heart disease and various other problems in my family than can be exasperated by being overweight.

All the beer and potatoes in Holland really did nothing for my waistline.

This morning I woke up early and worked out for the first time since March.  It felt good but my body is already protesting.  I hope this is the start of a new habit because my old ones are  not easy on my waistline.

4 comments:

Reneé said...

You just have to get your groove back and things will sort themselves out like they did the last time. Good-luck

Allan S. said...

You are amazing! You see things in a way well beyond your years. Love yourself and course-correct.

It is part of life. I find myself see myself bogged down by a reality I don't want, and working to redirect myself.

The good part papito, is you are older and wiser, therefore, empowered.

Keep on, keeping on!

chin said...

Meh. Don't stress it too much. I have had a few family members in similar situations and 90% of it is just eating less. At least you're realizing it now and not later.

Mark said...

You can do it Aaron! You look great now but the best thing is to feel good about yourself. I wish you all the best in your efforts!